Summit convenes more than 300 investors, industry leaders, and entrepreneurs who are building the next generation of timeless technology companies
SAN FRANCISCO, May 18, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Cota Capital, a technology investment firm, kicked off its second-annual Cota Connect summit today in San Francisco. The event brings together innovative minds in Enterprise Tech, HealthTech, and FinTech to discuss critical industry and technology trends, challenges, and opportunities.
The summit is taking place as the innovation economy navigates challenging macroeconomic conditions, major workforce and cultural changes, and the AI revolution. At Cota Connect, entrepreneurs and industry leaders will discuss and demonstrate the disruptive, mission-critical platforms and solutions they are building for enterprises globally.
During the two-day summit, more than 300 investors, entrepreneurs, innovators, and industry and academic leaders will exchange ideas, participate in panels, and find opportunities to collaborate. Presentations and discussion topics include the rising role of AI and its impact on SaaS in the physical world, modern tools in health and life sciences, predictive automation of the enterprise, the future of financial services, and more.
“The exchange of ideas, learning, and networking that take place at Cota Connect will serve as inspiration to our investors, portfolio companies, founders, and partners,” said Bobby Yazdani, Founder and Partner, Cota Capital. “It’s a challenging environment, but there are many incredible companies that were founded during economic downturns. Now is the time to double down on innovation, double down on creating world-changing platforms, and double down on building timeless companies. We’re here to show that technology is still the best zip code for building the next great companies. Founders today shouldn’t be deterred; they should be invigorated. That’s what Cota Connect and Cota Capital are all about.”
Cota Capital portfolio companies also made several announcements at Cota Connect:
- Rhombus: Rhombus, a leader in cloud-managed physical security solutions announced the release of its latest product, the B10 Smart Button. The B10 is a discreet and programmable button that comes with two modes: Panic and All-Purpose, making it a versatile solution for enhancing physical security in both emergency situations and on a day-to-day basis. As part of the unified Rhombus platform, the B10 Smart Button will help school districts, cities, and Fortune 500 companies create a full-featured security ecosystem by complementing the existing suite of cameras, sensors, alarm monitoring, and access control devices.
- CAST AI: CAST AI Now Reduces Cloud Costs for AWS Customers with AI Applications. The Kubernetes automation company CAST AI expanded its platform with several features to reduce cloud costs for teams that build, train, and run Artificial Intelligence (AI) models on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Businesses can now benefit from automated provisioning, selection, and scaling of GPU machines across AWS, and more. By expanding its cloud optimization platform in this direction, CAST AI lowers the barrier to entry for experimenting with AI, fueling the growth of this incredibly innovative field.
- Qu: Blaze Pizza selects Qu to Support Rapid Growth and Innovation. Blaze Pizza has chosen Qu’s unified commerce platform to enhance ordering and operational efficiency in pursuit of ambitious growth goals. The brand has already seen significant positive economic impact from Qu’s modern system including loss avoidance and revenue uplift due to improved ordering and kitchen fulfillment accuracies, increased labor time savings and efficiencies, and reduced food costs/waste.
- RecVue: RecVue announced the achievement of an important milestone in the leading Enterprise Monetization Platform’s growth – reaching over $50 Billion of Revenue Under Management. This growth demonstrates the company’s ongoing focus and commitment to powering large enterprises to accelerate growth and profitability in the modern economy.
- Ramen Inc.: Ramen Inc., a pioneering Silicon Valley startup, announced the general availability of its Wireless Networks as a Service (NaaS) solution, RamenSN™. Ramen uses a full-stack approach, combining hardware, software, orchestration, and monitoring to enable any company to leverage the benefits of a secure, highly reliable wireless network for their internal operations. By partnering with Ramen, enterprises can focus on their core business, while delegating the management and operation of their wireless network to a company with specialized expertise.
- Savant Labs: Savant Labs, an Analytics Automation platform for data analysts, announced Savant Copilot to accelerate creating analytic outcomes. From complex data queries to data cleaning tasks like removing duplicates, standardizing names and addresses to data transformation tasks like creating calculated fields to advanced analytics like segmentation and geospatial analytics, analysts can now describe the analytic tasks in plain English. Savant Copilot will also auto-generate the code and the underlying analytics leveraging state-of-the-art Generative AI technologies. The power of the platform enables faster data prep, data transformation, business analytics and publishing output to multiple destinations, including business applications and popular dashboards.
- Platform9: Platform9’s Latest Release Reduces Costs with Modern Virtual Machine Management. Platform9, a leader in helping enterprises with a better way to go cloud native, announced the most recent release of its products Platform9 KubeVirt and Platform9 Managed Kubernetes (PMK) to address the most pressing budget, staffing, and operational efficiency challenges enterprises are facing in today’s tight economy. With this release, Platform9 can help enterprises migrate 100s and even 1000s of virtual machines from legacy virtualization products, driving down costs in several ways.
Cota Connect 2023 speakers include:
Adam Abate, Professor of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, UCSF; Asif Alam, CEO, Compliance.ai; Biju Ashokan, Co-founder & CEO, Radius Agent; Kooshiar Azimian, Founder & CEO, 310.ai; Narges Baniasadi, Founder, Emergence@Stanford; Alok Bhanot, CTO & EVP, ParkourSC; Todd Clyde, CEO, Token; Chad Cohen, CFO & COO, Capella Space; Nicholas D’Andre, Co-founder & CEO, GridMatrix; Peter Dixon, Co-founder, With Honor; Todd Druley, CMO, Mission Bio; Dr. Carol Folt, President, University of Southern California; Lawrence Ganti, CEO, Fortify; Bhaskar Gorti, CEO, Platform9; Laurent Gil, Co-founder & CPO, CAST AI; Eden Full Goh, Founder & CEO, Mobot; Chun-Hao Huang, Founder & CEO, Algen Biotechnologies; Amir Hudda, CEO, Qu; Gabriel Jones, Co-founder & CEO, Proprio; Dexter Kennedy, SVP Clinical Development, Excision BioTherapeutics; Veerbhan Kheterpal, Co-founder & CEO, Quadric; Swaroop Kolli, Founder & CEO, Pronto; Garrett Larsson, Co-founder & CEO, Rhombus; Joe Levy, CEO, Uplevel; Taylor Matthews, Founder & CEO, Farther; Gaurav Mehra, CEO, Atheer; Partho Mishra, Co-founder & CEO, Ramen Inc.; Keyvan Mohajer, Founder & CEO, SoundHound; Nader Mousavi, Partner, Sullivan & Cromwell; Nishant Nair, Founder & CEO, RecVue; Amin Nikoozadeh, Founder & CEO, Vave Health; Sasha Nouri, Director of Development, Code.org; Oguchi Onyewu, VP, U.S. Soccer Federation; Emmanuel Quevy, Co-founder & CEO, Probius; Behrooz Rezvani, Founder & CEO, NPS; Maryam Rofougaran, Co-founder & CEO, Movandi; Monica Royer, Founder & CEO, Monica + Andy; Navyn Salem, CEO, Edesia Nutrition; Chitrang Shah, Founder & CEO, Savant Labs; Manisha Shah-Bugaj, CEO, Activ Surgical; Todd Sulchek, Co-founder, CellFE; Tatiana Toro, Director, SLMath/MSRI; Marzieh Veyseh, Co-founder & CPO/CTO, Arctic Semiconductor; Samad Wahedi, Founder & CEO, Glow; Ilan Yeshua, Founder & CEO, Seraphic Security; Babak Poushanchi, Founder & Managing Partner, Cota Capital; Bobby Yazdani, Founder & Partner, Cota Capital; Rich Ellinger, CTO & Partner, Cota Capital; Ben Malka, Partner, Cota Capital; Janis Naeve, Partner, Cota Capital; Sri Rajan, Partner, Cota Capital; Adit Singh, Partner, Cota Capital
About Cota Capital
Cota Capital backs the bold. Cota is a technology investment firm that partners with exceptional teams to build and grow timeless companies that enable the future. Cota delivers Knowledge Capital, a differentiated combination of deep operational expertise, know-how, impactful and data-driven market insights and intelligence, and a vast industry network. Together, these elements are put to work to empower Cota entrepreneurs to execute their vision, unlock scale, minimize risk, and bring enduring ideas to life. For more information, please visit www.cotacapital.com.
SOURCE Cota Capital